Code of conduct
The purpose of establishment for this code of conduct is to become guidance for PASOS staffs for all their operational activities and lines to obey.
PASOS administrated under below guidance to create value
- PASOS guiding principles and values
- Anti-fraudulency Practices policy
- Personal and professional good conduct
- Code of Conduct for The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief
It is abide to all PASOS staff :
- The staff should fully understand all contents in the code of conduct incase more clarification contact your line manager
- if you miscarry to follow to any of the provisions embark on in this document you can face disciplinary action, dismissal or even legal action
- The staffs on the spot of operation should inform the code of conduct to the beneficiaries or to all whom it may concern if in case any misconduct or failure committed PASOS will address any breaches of this code that will reported through established mechanism
- If you are manager, should know your particular responsibility to arrange and create environment in order to apply the standards of our code of conduct to maintain the environment
The principles and practices that PASOS committed and forbade it is implementation
Any staff been reported any below listed issues, the organization will have right to stand with court or personally black list, this mandatory to every staff of PASOS.
- “Fraudulent Practice” is any act or omission, including misrepresentation that knowingly or recklessly misleads or attempts to mislead a party to obtain, financial and/or other benefit and/or to avoid an obligation
- “Coercive practice” is impairing or harming, or threatening to impair or harm, directly or indirectly, any part or the property of the party to influence improperly the action of a party
- “Collusive practice” is an arrangement between two or more parties designed to achieve an improper purpose including to influence improperly purpose, the actions of another party.
- “Corruption Practice” is the offering, giving, receiving or soliciting, directly or indirectly, of anything of value whether tangible or intangible to improperly influence the actions of another party.
- “Unethical Practice” is an act or omission contrary to the conflict of interest, gifts and hospitality or post-employment PASOS policy as well as any provisions or other published requirements of doing business with PASOS including the UN supplier Code of Conduct and
- “Obstructive Practice” is an act or omission by staff or affiliates, successors or assigns that may prevent or hinder the work of the investigation unit of the PASOS office the inspector general.
1) It is the most significant the admiration of the others
- I should esteem equally and without any discrimination according to nationality, ethnicity, clan, gender, disabilities, skin color, beliefs of particular side of politics and religion
- I should act and take into consideration for all personal good attitudes and treat people with dignity and respect
- I should respect the national law and tradition on all spot of operations with the guidance of UN conventions
- I should engage team work spirit to validate and obligate mutual understand among teams and particulars
- I Should not take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others.
2) Personal and professional conduct
All PASOS staff should take the responsibility of good conduct among other staffs of the organization and desist all person targets, discriminatory actions to generate environment of personal good conduct and application of all good speaking, respect and good performance when it comes to work.
- All staff should not practice any form of criminal act, exploitative or abusive activities and extra bad acts to desist harming humanity
- All staff should not practice or support any kind for the terrorist
- All staff should not commit to illegally profit for the sale of commodities for aids or any other substances
- All staff should not use prohibited harmful drugs including alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, prescriptive drugs, tramadol, morphine and others
- All staff should not allow to accept bribes or gifts from stack-holders like government, NGOs, donor for the result of my success job employment
- All staff should not sort correlation on behalf of PASOS with family, friends or business relationship with known personal identity without getting any permission from the organization
- All staff should not use electronic assets in negative actions against your work such as transmission of forbid videos
- All staff should get good dress on work environment
- All staff should have good communicate line for all people to the best way possible
3) PASOS Beneficiaries Protection
PASOS set professional guidance’s to protect the beneficiaries from gatekeepers of all kind to protect their negative misappropriation of humanitarian aid of vulnerable groups suffered natural, manmade disasters particularly children, females, elderly, minorities and susceptible ones in the community to enhance their benefits and allocations.
- All staff should not act in a way that breaches PASOS operational guidelines and procedures and desist to have our beneficiaries by using their specific powers given by PASOS as responsibility
- All staffs should not commit the misappropriation of beneficiary’s allocations
- All staffs should not create teams within the beneficiaries for seen benefit of particular groups
- All staffs should not target during the selection allocation to particular non vulnerable out of vulnerable target
- All staffs should not create conflicts among community of particular target
- All staff should not think he/she is for that possible particular group of people, clan and leader
- All staff should not pass out the set criteria of selection of locations and beneficiaries
- All staff should not commit the separation of working team to loot by creating words, actions that cause conflicts
- All staff should follow the guidance of distribution procedures or implementation framework to have good intractable environment to work
4) Safety and Security
PASOS has well developed security and safety guideline to protect all staffs from all kind of harmful acts.
- All Staff should have that guideline to understand well and follow
- All Staff should have notice of the security officer/manager and get report before and after field, location visit
5) PASOS protects all resources
PASOS cares all the resources through well developed protection guidelines that handles all necessary measures that will correlate the actions to be take to care resources, assets, donor’s donation, supplied equipment and others